Wednesday 20 October 2010

Spritely ss'11 inspirations x

Well, after a mini blogging break I am back and feeling super inspired by the events of the last month! September is a fashion addicts dream, with Paris, Milan, New York, London (Bristol, and now even 'Essex'?) showcasing the talents of some the best and most adored designers, I have been pouring over the catwalk edits and picking out the creations which will be inspiring me for Spring Summer '11. I know that seems like a lifetime away with the brisk winds picking up and autumnal hues of burnt orange and ochre scattering the pavements, but it's always good to keep your eye one season ahead, no-one wants to be old-hat do they? So, today I start with ...

London lovelies...
I love the floaty, ethereal elegance so beautifully captured by Julien Macdonald. Enveloping, white sheer layers are complimented by intricate, sparkling embellishment, only to be out-shone by the glowing sun at a fabulous Summer Party. I was lucky enough to attend a Julien Macdonald show a couple of seasons back and will forever be a fan of his eternally 'special' pieces.
When you want to unleash your wild side, take your inspiration from Betty Jackson with a little feathered jacket. Continuing our love for the chalky neutrals of the Summer just passed, this animalistic trend looks fab teamed with some putty coloured peg leg trousers (fringing a 'la Pringle will also work just as well).
As an advocate of floral dresses being a wardrobe staple, Erdem's collection really got me hot under the petals! For a real English garden feel, the pretty prints on short prom style dresses, luxurious maxi's, blouses and loose trousers give you plenty of scope to incorporate the theme into your look. Oooh and check out the lace styles too!
Twenty8Twelve gave me more than a few hints on how to dress around the office (it's pretty relaxed!). With cutesy patterned or scalloped edge shorts teamed with tied up tops and slouchy shirts, I think my everyday look is pretty much sorted!
One of my favourite shows has to be Sass and Bide, with gorgeous shades of charcoal, mixed with amazing graphic prints incorporating orange (hot SS'11 tip!) and finishing touches of metallic fringing and quirky belts, I am utterly in awe! This utility dress and statement accessory is something I will be sporting (or similar!).
Finally neons, eeeek!!! As seen at Mark Fast, I want to be daring, I will, I will...

Tomorrow Paris xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment