Thursday 7 June 2012

I thought I would be super excited about the Jubilee celebrations this week. Maybe it was the weather that dampened my spirits, maybe it was the incessant coverage on the TV of slow boating movements, soggy paintings and lots of waiting around but my heart wasn't really in it. I watched about 10 minutes of the Flotilla, or floater as we like to refer to it and then switched off for the rest of the weekend. As an avid collector of Royal memorabilia (in particular mugs) I thought I would be loving it, but somehow the memorabilia was more exciting than the event itself. Anyway, weather aside, I did have a lovely weekend. Starting of with the soggy Dot to Dot festival in Bristol with my Manchestaaa chum Fran and pals, followed by a Cornish family get-together, A gorgeous dinner party in the briefly sunny Bathford, Latino lunch with yummy mummy's Sarah, Polly and stunning baby Faith and ending in a day of Gym action, St Nicolas Market browsing and munching with my favourite boy, Chris. Busy, busy, but entirely lovely.






No comments:

Post a Comment