Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Harrods Glossybox - A Review

Let's say I was pretty excited about the arrival of the March Glossybox. There was much hype over this special Harrods edition and so expectations were even higher than usual. The box arrived, this time in glossy white with Harrods branding embossed on the box lid. This opened up to reveal a classy black tissue package tied together with the trademark green and gold Harrods ribbon. Here is what I found snuggled inside...


And here comes a little lowdown on each of the March Glossybox's contents.

1. Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum (25ml - this is full size and worth £16 - yay). Hair serums are like the holy grail when it comes to my course, thick and uber dry hair (too much straightening over too long). Finding good ones is pretty tough. I did like this product, applied to damp hair. It definitely added softness, however i did prefer last months Paul Mitchell Ginger hair oil much more as it not only smelled amazing, softened my hair, it also gave it a lovely gloss and was nicer to run my hands though.

2. Burberry Lip Cover Soft Satin Stain Lipstick in No. 04 Rosewood - This was actually quite a good neutral colour for me as my lips are naturally a bit darker. It has a lovely smooth texture and did not dry out my lips. I am into bright reds and pinks at the moment when it comes to lip colour so it's not going to come out too often, but is nice for those subtle days.

3 Fan Di Fendi Eau De Toilette perfume. 4ml - This has a really lovely refreshing, citrusy smell. Not one of those ones that smells ultra chemically or like bathroom cleaner but a subtle fragrance perfect for the Spring to be worn during the day. I love it! Its always nice to get a small perfume sample as it fits in your handbag and is just the thing for those little fragrance top ups throughout the day. 

4. Clarins Extra-Firming Body Cream 30ml - This is a decent sized sample and I do really get on with Clarins products. I have dry/sensitive skin and the face day and night creams from the February box have been quite simply amazing! I'll be honest I've not really tried this one yet but it smells good and from past experience, I'm sure it will be!



5. Erno Laszlo, The Hollywood Collection - I have to admit I was a little disappointed with this one as it looked like the kind of freebie that would annoyingly fall out of a magazine! However, reading the blurb on each sachet made me more interested. Apparently a brand much loved by the stars of the Silver screen (I'm suckered in at this point) with the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly and Ava Gardner all apparently fans, each of the different creams was custom made for their requirements. I should really try them all but I know they will be too expensive at the full price for me to use on a regular basis!

An interesting box, not bad at all. Can't wait for the next one!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment