Monday 12 March 2012

Renovating A Tired Old Chair

With some spare time this Saturday, I decided it was finally time to get around to sprucing up an old chair I salvaged from Mum and Dad's garden shed. I loved the barley twist legs and shape of the chair but the condition was pretty ropey! So off I went to B&Q and bought sandpaper, paint, paintbrushes, a hammer and some tacks. I was quite proud of the results and love the mismatched chairs we now have nestled under our table.

First job was to get rid of all the cobwebs and give it a sand all over.


I then lifted off the seat and gave the chair about 3 coats of Cool Grey paint. I found an old top I hadn't worn in ages and used this to cover the seat. 

Then, mission complete! It seemed to take forever to dry but I now have a lovely new grey, stripy chair.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment