Friday 8 February 2013

Homewood Park, A Fabulous Treat

We were very lucky to have a spontaneous Sunday lunch at the delightful Homewood Park just outside Bath last weekend. Entering the hotel via a quaint old, windy drive and being greeted by some lovely welcoming staff, it wasn't long before we were quaffing a glass of lovely Champagne and making some tough decisions from a hugely tempting menu. As I don't eat meat, I opted for a smoked haddock rarebit with chowder to start, followed by pan fried sea bream with Nicoise vegetables. For dessert (I simply couldn't resist), I had an utterly divine pecan pie with honey marshmallow covered in cocoa nibs and home made caramel ice-cream. Yum yum! Every dish was totally delicious and inspiring, including the freshly made, still warm bread served up on a slate and the cute petite fours which consisted of macaroons, truffles and jellies. I also had to post a couple of photo's of my dining companions choices too, to show the perfect roast beef and trio of rhubarb desserts. An experience to cherish. I hope to return again soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment