Tuesday 7 September 2010

All the fun of the fair x

This morning I braced myself with a cup of 'cha' and headed up to Birmingham. With the cheerful sun streaming through the train windows, Claire and I rattled along to the Autumn Fair chatting about the week's events and perusing our mags. Another day, another trade show! With a wealth of gifts, accessories and household goodies, we knew we were in for a real treat. From Jan Constantine cushions to Pac-Man alarm clocks, Pilgrim jewellery to Hamburger telephones (which had us leaping with joy as we reminisced about the Diner in 'old-school' Home and Away), there was attention grabbing beauties enticing us from every direction. One of my faves was the amazing re-released Original Fisher Price Chatter Phone, which gave me endless hours of entertainment in my earlier years, a real nostalgia trip! Something which was plain to see (and pretty unexpected) was the abundant displays of SillyBandz (or unofficial crazy bandz/fun bandz/kooky bandz...) at every corner! This is one of the 'silliest' trends of the season, however their fun and quirky nature wins us over with more than a nod to the gummy bands craze I remember from my teenage youth. With the likes of Agy Deyn, Sarah Jessica Parker and Mary-Kate Olsen all grabbing a slice of the wrist-candy action, these funny shaped bracelets have been a real hit and we are constantly trying to keep up with demand!

No comments:

Post a Comment