Wednesday 3 November 2010

The Italians release their stallions x

I'm back on track and blogging all Italiano today! Cupping a steaming hot cappucinno in my hands and polishing off my leftover cold pizza (yummy, thanks Dominoes!), I reviewed the Milan shows which provided me with more than a few inticing tit-bits into the trends of Summer 2011. With floaty florals, sculptured tailoring, cheeky cut outs, slinky satins, luxurious lace and a hint of vintage corsetry, muted earthy tones of stone, grey, brown and putty were key. I love the combination of traditional Italian romance and bolshiness that Milan fashion week embodies so well!

Inspirational Italians...
Alberta Ferretti's earthy pastels, floral border prints, floaty chiffons and lace bring to the fore, thoughts of a past country life, where the hay bales are in abundance and the evening sunset casts a warm glow over the expanse of fields and hedgerows. I love the combination of this beige lace top and floaty floral skirt, accesorised with a burnt brown straw hat. Not out of place in Larkrise.
This little Armani ensemble is utterly gorgeous! The subtle drape of the dress, the cute short sleeved jacket (immaculately constructed!) and that devine statement necklace (always a fave for me), all in shades of putty and grey is made for me!
Antonio Marras may not be a name familiar with many but I absolutely adored this collection. Floral prints (yes more!), utility jackets and shorts, delicate cutwork and underwear as outerwear all featured. This outfit is totally wearable with clashing shades of stone, and peachy creams (with a subtle flash of skin).
If you feel boring a drab in suits and want to spice things up a bit with a cheeky squint of flesh, the 'cut-out' detailling seen at a few of the shows could provide you with the perfect answer. This Max Mara suit is a fab example, although I think I would have preferred the cropped trousers really skinny at the ankle!
Gucci, Gucci Gucci darlings!!! As spotted back in London and Paris, fringing and feathers are set to be all the rage! I love this (oh so Gucci) glamourous take on the trend, the tonal golds simply shimmer and shine with the feathered details fluttering like a million gleaming eyelashes! This is the way to wear the trend with maximum impact!

Next up, New York x

No comments:

Post a Comment