Friday 19 November 2010

New York, New York! x

One of my favorite cities in the whole wide world, New York is a source of constant inspiration. The last time I visited, the climate was arctic, but although my toes were numb and turning blue, the magical wonderland of a snow covered Central Park filled me with happy, excitable Christmassy feelings! Regular trips to Starbucks for some much needed calorific White Cafe Mochas (with cream and caramel drizzle!) sorted us out and kept us warm on the inside, ready for some Breakfast At Tiffany's style window shopping on 5th Avenue! Such fond memories of the city and the stylish ladies who pound the streets with their fiery red soled Louboutins always make me look forward to the Big Apple's fashion week offerings!

New York Naughtiness...
Vera Wang's collection consisted of the tonal greys and charcoals I love so much! With full bodied shorts and chiffons revealing cheeky black structed undergarments, tied together with fabricated belts for a modern , contemporary finish. This waistcoat and shorts ensemble, takes what should be a manly uniform and makes it beautiful and femine through the choice of fabrics, drape and layering. Rolled up shorts are key for SS'11.
The simple loose fitting dresses at Proenza Schouler were brought to funky glam life with the amazing statement necklaces, which I have already admitted to being a complete style overhauler! A daring piece of jewellery can bring any dress or outfit out of the doldrums!
Ruffles, ruffles, Ruffles, these made an appearance at quite a few of the NY shows and this fabulous knee length skirt on regal purple satin demostrates how to wear the trend in a fancy, classy way.
Another extravagant way to get out those ruffles as seen at the Jason Wu show.
Shorts again! I know, but they really are everywhere and these high waisted navy ones are truely delightful, teamed with a semi-sheer delicious raspberry top and corsage worn at the waist (must try this), a cutely whimsical look!

And so there ends my review of the SS11 catwalk shows, I now have a head bursting full of new outfit ideas and new ways of wearing the wardrobe I already have!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment